Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Thursday Afternoon


I carried home two 10 lb. bags of groceries from the farmer's market on Water today. My dog was attached by leash to my belt loop. It's not what I intended to do. I drove the Mustang down to the library and parked it there with my keys (the usual set and the spares) behind locked doors. Though, I didn't mind the walk. The dog and I both needed it. I would have bought less groceries if I had known. Anyway, it was good for me. I decided to eat the strawberries as I walked because they were getting bruised. Sooo good.
Before I left, I was cleaning out the turtle pond to bring Tortuga inside. Lou had a crazy dream about the turtle being in pain. It made me realize I was slacking. I watered the compost bed and carport plants with turtle water. It had bits of almost frozen sardine that Tortuga had not eaten. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing? I remember that Squanto taught the Pilgrims to put fish in the soil when planting the three sisters.

Yesterday when I got home from work, I spent some quality time with the ladies. I looked in the coop and saw the nest box with a fresh pile of long green grass (a little valentine). I put the cement brown egg in because my German grandma told me they need a reminder. I'll try anything because I haven't seen an egg yet. Though it's been nice because they have been a lot more comfortable around me enough to be a little bossy. I fucking love chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment