Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.

Well, sometimes I feel fine about it and other times I'm ambivalent and then there are the times that I'm despondent. It's not worth debating in my head what it is or when it will happen, because I'll miss out on what I've already got, right? One thing I know for sure is that it's been on my mind. Every time I watch my partner, my love, drive away to work, I get a little sick in my stomach wondering if this is it. Worry is useless, I tell myself, shake it off and move on to the to do list that keeps a mind distracted from deep ethereal rhetoric such as that. I spent today cuddling with the chihuahua in the various soft places throughout my humble home, meandering through the many paths on the Internet. In the course of my couch travels, I found these nuggets of comfort. So, who knows what the hell will happen? Not I.


I started my day off with this book:


The Money Fix


Spontaneous Vegetation
I spent some time exploring this website and Nance Klehm's work. She's hosting a Rainwater Harvesting Class in Joshua Tree next weekend. Tempting...


A short film put together by a local film company showcasing a Councilman running for election. I like the shots of downtown Las Vegas and the overall love for my town. That's it, I said it. I always thought the farther away I was the better, but I like it and it's no use lying to myself anymore.


And...Rob Hopkins speaking on Ted of Transition. Sustainability or resilience?

No comments:

Post a Comment