Friday, January 4, 2013

Home is...

...where you hang your hat, where your heart is...
Yesterday, I stretched my mind out so far that I felt like bursting out of my skin. I made the journey to Red Rock and as I walked among the giant bones of my ancestors, I felt at home. When I remembered what the place I call home most often felt and looked like, all I wanted was to be there. So, I left the Rocks of Red to get to the place I call home. The place with my leather couch, our coffee cups, my stash of socks, and Lou's encyclopedia set.

...where you make it, on the range...
I love it here. Las Vegas. I'm a true blue Nevadan to the core, though I've always affliated myself with the more granola Northern Nevadans being a native of Reno. I lived in Reno for the first 6 years of life. Presently, I have been a resident of Las Vegas for 16 years, going on 17 this July. Henderson was the hometime I thought I'd never find again. Whatever my mixed emotions are about the two, today I know that I could be happy here for a long time and that's an excellent feeling.
10 Jaw-Dropping Sights You Can Only See in Nevada

...Nevada, su casa...
Reading my mind in the paper this morning wherein other Las Vegans reflect on the year of Downtown 2012 and what 2013 will be the year of. All of the suggestions are equally viable and deserving. I wonder if this is the year I plant a bean seed on Water Street. 
The Year After Year of Downtown

No comments:

Post a Comment